If you are looking to put some boneless skinless chicken breasts to good use, give this recipe for Swiss chicken a try. When I first saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. I thought any recipe with chicken, mushrooms and Swiss cheese had to be great, and it was. Best of all, this recipe is very simple (only 3 steps), has few ingredients and the oven does most of the work. Just make sure not to splash too much olive oil and vinegar on the chicken J. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounces) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 9×13” baking dish combine olive oil and garlic. Add the chicken breasts and coat them well on both sides with the oil and garlic.
- Sprinkle with red wine vinegar and Cajun seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven and top with green onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle a tiny bit of oil and vinegar over the chicken breasts again. Bake for 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place 1 slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken breast. Chicken should be hot enough so the cheese will melt.