Seriously, who doesn’t like chocolate cake? If you enjoy sweets you are sure to love it. I won’t go as far as to say this is the best chocolate cake ever, but it’s really good! Chances are some of you have either tried this recipe or make it on a regular basis. This is the legendary Hersey’s chocolate cake recipe. What I love about this cake is that has an amazing chocolate flavor, is easy to make and it’s very moist. What a perfect combination. You can frost the cake with chocolate frosting but buttercream frosting goes great on this cake. After I added the water I was a little worried because the batter seemed so thing but it baked up beautifully. This cake can either be made in two 9” round baking pans or a 13×9” pan. If you want to please your family and friends with an extremely delicious chocolate cake, give this recipe a try. Enjoy.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- A ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Buttercream Frosting-
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (as needed)Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9” round baking pans.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water with a spatula or spoon. Evenly pour batter into both baking pans.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool.
- To make the frosting- In a large bowl cream butter and add vanilla extract and salt. Beat on medium speed adding sugar 1 cup at a time. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting has reached your desired consistency.
- Frost the cake with a spatula.
Wednesday 6th of February 2013
Can i make this a night before a party? if so how should i store it? would it change the quality of the cake?
Wednesday 28th of November 2012
Missioma- I am sorry but the chocolate cake is the only recipe that I have on this site that you have requested. I would try a Google search to find the other recipes. Although, I do have several good cake recipes on here that you may want to try. Try using the search feature on this website to find other good cake recipes. If you need any more help let me know.
Wednesday 28th of November 2012
Hi bobby my name is Jennifer and i live in Nigeria. My mums 50th birthday is coming up and I and my sisters where planning a small surprise party but my dad and my uncles have decided to invite all their friends and it's now getting larger than I expected. I was going to order a three tier cake with her favorite cakes but now so many people are coming and the cake I want to order is too expensive so I have to do it all myself. Please I really need your help. The cakes I want to make are chocolate,strawberry,vanilla and most of all red velvet please I would really appreciate ur help. The party is December 1st. Thanks
Saturday 27th of October 2012
My cake turned out to taste a bit floury:( Any advice?
Tuesday 6th of March 2012
Jesi- sure, you could make cupcakes with this recipe.