Yes, you are seeing it correctly; I am posting a recipe for egg salad sandwiches! These sandwiches have been around nearly forever. Many of you may not have had an egg salad sandwich in years. Well, it’s time to change that! The secret to that perfect egg salad sandwich is getting the mustard/mayo ratio just right. Some people like more mayo some don’t. I would suggest slowly adding the mayo and mustard to fit your tastes. You can either use yellow mustard or Dijon mustard. Some recipes use dried dill but with this recipe, I am going with relish. I feel the relish gives the sandwich great flavor. For condiments, a crisp piece of lettuce tops the sandwich off nicely. This recipe is great for lunches and picnics. Enjoy.
(Makes 3 Sandwiches)Print
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon relish
- pepper (to taste, optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Too hard boil eggs – Gently place eggs into a single layer in a saucepan. Add just enough water to cover the eggs completely.
- Put on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Just as the water reaches a rapid boil remove from heat and tightly cover with a lid. Let the pan sit for 17 minutes. Transfer eggs into a bowl with cold water. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes and peel.
- Finely chop hard boiled eggs.
- Place chopped eggs in a medium bowl. Mix in mayo, 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix in mustard, relish, and pepper.
- Put egg salad onto bread slices, top with lettuce.