This is a copycat recipe for the Enchirito from Taco Bell. The Enchirito consists of taco meat, refried beans, onions rolled up in a flour tortilla. The tortilla is topped off with enchilada sauce and melted cheese. The best part about this recipe is the restaurant style taco meat. The taco meat is prepared by mixing all of the seasonings into the ground beef, adding the mixture to the pan with water and simmering until fully cooked. If you want you can top these Enchiritos with slice black olives. Some other good options for serving would be lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Enjoy.
- 1lb ground beef
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- ½ cup of water
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 10 to 12 small (fajita size) flour tortillas
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, flour, chili powder, salt, dried minced onion, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Mix the spice mixture into the ground beef using your hands.
- Add the water to a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef mixture.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula and break the meat up as it cooks. Heat until fully cooked. The finished product should be very smooth with no large chunks of beef remaining.
- Heat the refried beans in a medium saucepan over medium heat, or in the microwave (in a microwave safe dish) for 1-2 minutes on high.
- Wrap the tortillas in a moist paper towel and microwave them on high for 1 minute. You can also heat them up individually by placing them into a pan over medium heat for about 15 seconds per side.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the beans, followed by a couple teaspoons of minced onion.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla over the meat and beans and flip the tortilla over onto a plate. Spoon a couple tablespoons of the enchilada sauce over the top of the tortilla and then sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of the cheddar cheese over the sauce.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.