Different Mexican ingredients make for some of the best options to put inside a wrap. These chicken and avocado wraps are perfect for dinner or even to prepare for lunch. This is a very simple recipe and you could make several additions if you would prefer. Some good choices would be sour cream, Pico de Gallo, and black beans. What is great about these wraps is how easy they are to prepare. The wraps are filled with chicken, avocado, Mexican cheese, and cilantro. For the chicken, you can grill it, bake it or use leftover cooked chicken or a cooked rotisserie chicken. What I did was lightly season the chicken breasts with taco seasoning and then cook them in a grill pan. I served these wraps with jalapeno kettle chips. Another great option for a side-dish is Spanish rice. Enjoy.
Chicken and Avocado Wraps Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Season the chicken breasts on both sides evenly with the taco seasoning. Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place the chicken into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- You can also use any type of cooked chicken instead, or a cooked rotisserie chicken chopped up.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool. Chop the cooked chicken into chunks. In a large bowl combine the chopped chicken, Mexican cheese, avocado, and cilantro.
- Arrange ¼ of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Bring the sides of the tortilla toward the center of the filling. Fold the bottom of the tortillas up over the filling and continue to roll until the burrito closes. Spray the seam side of each burrito lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place the wraps into the skillet seam-side down and cook until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).