If you enjoy the flavor of peanut butter this Thai chicken pasta is something you are sure to love. This dish consists of stir-fried chicken and noodles mixed with a delicious Thai flavored peanut sauce. The sauce consists of ingredients such as chicken broth, peanut butter, and lime juice. This dish gets a lot of its spice from dried red pepper flakes. You can adjust the amount of red pepper to your taste. What I really like about this recipe was the flavor of the chicken. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, lime juice, oil, garlic, and ginger. The dish is topped off with carrots, peanuts, and cilantro. Enjoy. Adapted from The Life & Loves of Grumpy’s Honey Bunch.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
- ½ cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3/4 lb linguine (or spaghetti)
- chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl combine 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice, ½ tablespoon oil, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken and toss to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the peanut butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Remove peanut butter from the microwave and whisk in 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons lime juice, chicken broth, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken until browned and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). It should take about 4 to 5 minutes for the chicken to cook. Add carrots and green onions and stir-fry for one minute more. Add the peanut sauce to the chicken and green onions and stir to coat. Add the pasta and toss with tongs to coat with the sauce. Top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.