Pizza spaghetti casserole makes a delicious dinner for any night of the week. What I really like about this casserole is that I can prepare it very easily and it does not consume much time. This casserole recipe consists of cooked spaghetti noodles topped with pasta sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and cheese. You can also add any of your favorite pizza or spaghetti ingredients to this dish. Some good options might be mushrooms, green pepper, and onion. This pizza spaghetti casserole goes great served with garlic bread. Enjoy. Adapted from Sweet Treats and More.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 (26 ounces) jar pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Cook spaghetti noodles with a ½ teaspoon of salt according to package directions. Drain and place into the greased casserole dish.
- In a large skillet cook the Italian sausage while breaking it up into chunks with a spatula or spoon while cooking. Cook until the sausage is fully cooked. Drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Place the cooked Italian sausage on top of the spaghetti noodles in the casserole dish. Pour the pasta sauce over the Italian sausage. Spread half of the pepperoni slices over the top of the pasta sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and shredded Italian cheese blend. Arrange the remaining pepperoni slices evenly on top of the cheese.
- Lightly spray one side of a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to cover the baking dish) with cooking spray and place over the dish sprayed side down. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown.