Crunchy Potato Casserole Recipe
This crunchy potato casserole is a very easy side-dish to prepare for the holidays. All of the ingredients are placed into a casserole dish and then baked in the oven. No additional cooking is required as the oven does nearly all of the work for you. This casserole combines cubed hash browns with sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese. What is really great about this dish is the corn flakes as the topping. The topped of the casserole is loaded with crunchy crushed cornflakes. Enjoy.
Crunchy Potato Casserole
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2lbs frozen southern style hash browns
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place the frozen hash browns into the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Melt ¼ cup of the butter and pour it over the hash browns. In a medium bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese. Spread the mixture over the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Melt the remaining ¼ cup of butter and mix it with the 2 cups of crushed corn flakes. Sprinkle the cornflakes over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the tin foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the cornflakes are browned on top and the casserole is bubbly.