Frito Pie Hot Dogs Recipe
Frito Pie ingredients on top of hot dogs are great to prepare for the Super Bowl! There are only a few ingredients involved to make this recipe. Hot dogs are topped with chili, cheese and Frito chips. You can use whatever your favorite brand of chili is for this recipe. You can also cook the hot dogs however you like… the ones in the picture were grilled on an outdoor grill. I like to top these delicious hot dogs with green onions. Enjoy.
Frito Pie Hot Dogs
Yield: 4-8 Servings
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 bag shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 1 can chili
- A bag of Frito chips
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add the hot dogs and cook until lightly charred and heated through. You can toast the buns if you want by turning the grill to low and placing the buns cut side down onto the grill until lightly toasted.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the chili over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the hot dogs to the buns. Top with chili, shredded cheese, and crushed Frito chips. If you want to melt the cheese you can bake the hot dogs in the oven at 350 degrees F. on a baking sheet until the cheese has melted. Top with green onions.