It’s been awhile since I have put up any recipes that make good use of fresh apples, so I figured I would share my apple muffins recipe with everyone today. Most of you probably already have an abundance of apples ready for use at this time of year and this recipe is perfect for that. These muffins have a delicious cinnamon topping that everyone is sure to enjoy. Some of the ingredients in the muffins include chopped fresh apples, flour, butter, and vanilla. This is a pretty basic recipe that is easy to make and will be out of the oven in no time at all. Enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped apples
- Cinnamon topping-
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan. In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in apples and then gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- To make the cinnamon topping- in a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the tops of the batter in the muffin pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.