This recipe combines the ingredients of a bacon cheeseburger in a quesadilla. These quesadillas are so easy to prepare and make a great appetizer. If you want you can even serve them for dinner with fries or a side dish. Some of the ingredients in this recipe include hamburger, bacon, cheese, onion, and pickles. You can add just about any of your favorite cheeseburger ingredients if you want. I like to serve these cheeseburger quesadillas with lettuce and tomato. It is important to get the flavor of the meat mixture right. You will want to adjust the amount of ketchup and mustard to your taste. I would recommend starting off with a little of each, tasting the mixture and adding more if needed. Enjoy.
(Makes 8 Servings)Print
- 1/2lb smoky bacon (chopped)
- 1 ½lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ketchup and mustard (to taste)
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- butter (for spreading)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour some of the bacon fat from the pan (reserving a little). Add ground beef to the same pan, and cook ground beef while breaking it up into chunks with a spatula or spoon. Cook until the beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease. Add the bacon back into the pan and season with the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in ketchup and mustard to taste.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Spread butter lightly on one side of the flour tortilla shell. Place the tortilla butter side down into the pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese evenly over the entire tortilla. On half of the tortilla sprinkle a layer of the meat mixture, a layer of chopped onion, and 2 dill pickle slices. Cook until the cheese has melted and the bottom has browned. Using a spatula fold the tortilla in half and press down the edges gently. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Slice each quesadilla into three triangles. Serve with lettuce and tomato.