It is not an issue if you do not have a deep-fryer because French fries can be easily prepared and baked in the oven. The process to making oven French fries is simple—the potatoes are sliced into strips and then tossed with various seasonings and olive oil and then baked in the oven. If you would prefer to peel the potatoes first that would be fine or you can leave the skin on. These fries get a lot of their flavor from garlic powder, paprika, pepper and parmesan cheese. Preparing French fries in the oven is also a healthier alternative to deep-frying. These fries to get served with sandwiches or hamburgers. Enjoy.
- 2 large russet potatoes (cut into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and ground black pepper.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and toss to coat again.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake at 450 degrees F. for 35 minutes (flipping the fries over halfway through cooking) or until golden brown.