Whenever I am looking for something delicious to put on the grill, BBQ pork chops are always a good choice. This recipe consists of pork chops that are brushed with a homemade BBQ sauce while being cooked on the grill. If you are not a fan of pork, you can easily use chicken instead—just make sure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The BBQ sauce is both sweet and spicy, it gets heat from the chopped chipotle chili pepper. Other ingredients that give this BBQ sauce a good amount of flavor are garlic and Coca Cola. This dish goes great served with a cold salad or I served it with homemade macaroni and cheese. Enjoy. Adapted from Food for Flicks.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 6 boneless pork chops
- salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 canned chipotle pepper (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Coca-cola
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes to sweat the onion and shallot. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard to the pan. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add cider vinegar, Coca-cola, paprika, and chipotle chili.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder to taste. Rub the spices into the meat. Brush each pork chop with some of the BBQ sauce.
- Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the pork chops onto the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees) on each side while flipping the pork chops and brushing with the BBQ sauce frequently.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes before cutting them. Discard any leftover BBQ sauce if there is any.