There is an endless variety of dips that can be prepared for football parties and this beef enchilada dip is sure to become a quick favorite. This delicious dip combines beef, enchilada sauce, and cheese to make an amazing dip for football parties. There is no baking involved in this recipe, the entire dip can be prepared on the stove-top and then served. The ground beef is cooked in the pan along with onion and garlic and then mixed with enchilada sauce and finally topped with shredded cheese. You can add whatever ingredients you like into this recipe, such as corn or black beans. Enjoy. Adapted from Add a Pinch.
- 2lbs ground beef
- ½ medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess fat. Add in the garlic and onion and cook until tender (about 3 minutes). Stir in the enchilada sauce and top with Colby-jack cheese.
- Cover and allow the cheese to melt (about 3 more minutes).
- Top with sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.