It doesn’t get much easier than using French bread to make a delicious pizza for dinner. This recipe for chicken French bread pizza is perfect for those nights when you do not have much time to cook. Instead of taking the time to deal with a pizza crust, using French bread is so much easier. To make things go even faster, this recipe uses the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken! The pizza gets most of its flavor from a garlic, Romano and butter mixture that is spread onto the bread halves before being topped with chopped chicken and cheese. If you cannot find Romano cheese grated asiago or parmesan will work in its place. If you are looking for a dinner that is both easy and delicious, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounces) loaf French Bread
- 2 cups shredded a cook rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl mix together butter, olive oil, romano cheese, garlic, basil, red bell pepper, and ground black pepper.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half crosswise into three pieces. Spread the butter mixture over the top of each piece of bread evenly. Top with the shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan over the chicken.
- Place into the oven and bake at 400 Degrees F. for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.