If you are getting tired of the same old spaghetti, it may be time to try something different. Here I have for you a recipe for chicken spaghetti. I know a lot of chicken spaghetti recipes use white sauces and/or are baked. This recipe is not like that and it is much different from your normal spaghetti. This recipe does not really have a sauce, it is just spaghetti noodles mixed with chicken and tomatoes and then seasoned with various seasonings. If you find it a little dry, try tossing the noodles with a little olive oil. Putting crumbled feta cheese on top is a must, it really adds to the flavor a great deal. I was a little cautious at first because I didn’t know how it would be with no sauce, but it turned out really fantastic. If you are looking to try a different type of spaghetti, give this recipe a shot. Enjoy.
(Makes 5 Servings)Print
- 3/4lb angel hair pasta (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 10 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, to medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until brown on the outside.
- Stir in basil, garlic, blackened seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix in tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are semi-soft and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Toss with noodles and top with crumbled feta cheese.