Chili con queso is a popular Tex-Mex appetizer. It originated in Texas and has become popular across the United States. Chili con queso is basically cheese melted with peppers. It is meant to be served warm and It is eaten with tortilla chips. What I like about this recipe is that it uses a lot of fresh ingredients like tomatoes, peppers and cilantro. This appetizer could be cooking using numerous methods. You could cook it in the microwave, on the stove top, or in the slow cooker. I chose the slow cooker method because it is easy to keep warm. A lot of the ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. For example, if you want more spice, add more jalapeno peppers than 3. This is a perfect recipe for Game Day! Enjoy.
- 1lb Velveeta Mexican Cheese
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 3–6 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2–3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ bunch cilantro (chopped)
- black pepper (to taste)
- In a microwave-safe dish melt Velveeta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper.
- You can also use a slow cooker or melt the cheeses on the stove top.
- Serve warm and eat with tortilla chips.