- 1lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 small green pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, salt, ground black pepper, egg, garlic, crushed red pepper, and green onion.
- Mix well using your hands. Place the ½ cup of cornstarch onto a plate. One at a time, roll some of the meat mixtures into a small meatball and roll in cornstarch. Repeat until all of the beef mixtures is gone.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Deep fry the meatballs in batches until golden brown and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F.).
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, and green pepper and stir fry for 1 minute. Add beef broth, wine, soy sauce, sugar, and chicken bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce in the work. Mix a ¼ cup of cold water with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a small bowl and pour into the wok while stirring.
- Simmer until the mixture is thick and heated through.