Chorizo sausage goes great on tacos and when you add potatoes and onions, it is even better. This recipe is very easy to prepare and you can use store bought chorizo to save time but if you want, I would suggest making your own! You can even add scrambled eggs and salsa to these tacos if you want. I would suggest using corn tortillas but you can of course use flour instead. You can also add some shredded cheddar cheese if you want. If you are interested in making our own chorizo please see my recipe for homemade chorizo sausage. Enjoy.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes (peeled and cut into ¼ inch cubes)
- ½ pound chorizo sausage
- ½ medium white onion (diced)
- 1 bunch green onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 small corn tortillas
- Remove the casing from the chorizo.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with the oil in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes for 3 minutes and then add the chopped onion. Cook the onions and potatoes for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender Remove from the pan.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet. Cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula for 10 minutes or until the chorizo is fully cooked and starts to get crispy. Mix in the cooked potatoes and onions
- Warm the corn tortillas either on the stovetop or in the microwave. Top with chorizo and potato mixture and green onions.