This meatball casserole is a simple Italian dish that is perfect for dinner any night of the week. This dish consists of meatballs, spaghetti sauce and cheese. You will probably want to serve this dish with some type of pasta—I used linguini. The meatballs are Italian style and use ground beef and get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano. The meatballs are first baked in the oven and then placed into the casserole to finish cooking. Enjoy.
- 1 ½ pound of lean beef
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley)
- 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet. In a large bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix well. Shape the mixture into medium-sized meatballs. Place onto the baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the meatballs into a greased 9x13inch baking dish. Increase the oven temp to 375 degrees F. Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cover and place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, uncover and top wit mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Return to the oven overcovered and bake until the cheese has melted.