I was looking for something to make with some left over the shredded coconut and I had to lie around and decided to go with Coconut Macaroons. If you don’t know what macarons are, they are kind of like cookies. Macaroons with coconut are a very popular way to make them in the United States but how macaroons are made usually varies by country. This recipe has very few ingredients and chances are you probably have most if not all of them already in your kitchen. The vanilla extract could be easily replaced with almond extract if you prefer that flavor. This will only make a pretty small batch so if you want more I might suggest doubling the recipe. If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious recipe for coconut macaroons give this one a try.
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl mix together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Grease a baking sheet and drop mixture by the rounded teaspoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Allow cooling.