Cookies n’ Cream Brownies are the perfect treat for this holiday season. They put a nice little twist on your average chocolate brownie. Chocolate brownie mix is combined with crushed Oreo cookies in this fantastic recipe. If you want to experiment with different flavors you can use different flavors of Oreo cookies such as peppermint. After the brownies are baked and have cooled, a delicious glaze is drizzled over the top to even add sweeter flavor to these already amazing brownies. This recipe will make about 36 brownies. These are perfect for Christmas. Enjoy.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chopped)
- 3 cups of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (at room temperate)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups Oreo cookies (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3–4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13” baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly grease. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate has melted whisk in sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Turn off the heat. Whish in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until the mixture is well combined. Fold in the ore cookies and pour into the prepared baking dish. Crush 3-4 additional cookies and sprinkle on top of the batter if desired.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool.
- While brownies are cool. To make the glaze- In small bowl whisk together powder sugar and milk until the mixture has reaching drizzling consistency.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely drizzle the glaze over the top of the brownies.