Burgers are always a solid choice for dinner, even in the winter. They go perfect for football season and the variety of condiments you can put on them is nearly endless. These Cowboy burgers are well seasoned burger patties and can be grilled or cooked in a fry pan. Grilling is always the best but unfortunately, it’s not always an option. I used an indoor grill pan to make these burgers. These burgers are topped with Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms, French fried onions, and your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 2lbs ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- The ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Shape 4 patties out of the ground beef. Season both sides with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Lightly grease an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Heat to medium-high heat. Add the burger patties and cook turning once until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees). During the fast few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- While burgers are cooking melt butter in a sauté pan over medium-high. Add mushrooms and sauté for 15-20 minutes or until tender. In a small saucepan, heat BBQ sauce.
- Split hamburger buns in half. Place each hamburger patty on the bottom half of the bun. Top with mushrooms, French fried onions, and BBQ sauce. Place the top half of the bun over the BBQ sauce.