This crab and artichoke dip is a delicious appetizer to prepare to any part or event. If you are looking for a good dip recipe to serve for your upcoming Super Bowl party, you will want to give this one a try. This dip gets a lot of its flavor from the crab meat and the Asiago cheese. If you do not want to use Asiago cheese, Monterey jack or mozzarella will work as well. The process to making this dip recipe is very simple—all of the ingredients for the dip are mixed in a bowl and then spooned into a baking dish, the dip is then placed into the oven and baked to perfection. This dip is then topped with a fresh pico de gallo for even more great flavor! I really enjoyed the extra flavor provided by the pic de gallo but you could leave it out if you would prefer—this dip would still taste great. Enjoy.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups grated Asiago cheese
- 1 (14 oz) can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8–12 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pico de gallo-
- 2 Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- salt ( to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the white and light parts of the green chopped green onions (reserve the dark green parts for the pico de gallo). Add the lemon juice and 1 ½ cups of the grated cheese. Fold in the artichoke hearts and the lump crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased 1 ½ quart casserole dish and spread evenly into the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F. until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- To prepare the pico de gallo—In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and the dark parts of the chopped green onion.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and season with salt. Toss lightly until combined and mixed well.
- Remove the dip from the oven and top with pico de gallo.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted crostini.