If you love crab cakes you are sure to enjoy these sliders. These little sandwiches are loaded with homemade crab cakes, spicy aioli, and romaine lettuce. The crab gets to get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as lemon juice, old bay seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. There is a good chance you already have several of the ingredients for this recipe on hand. The spicy aioli is a simple combination of mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha, and parsley. This recipe will make about 8 sliders but you can easily double it to feed more people if desired. Enjoy.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1lb lump crab meat
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- butter (for spreading)
- romaine lettuce Spicy Aioli-
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- In a large bowl combine eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon, pepper, baking powder, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and ½ cup parsley. Mix well with a spoon and then mix in the crab meat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove the crab cake mixture from the refrigerator. Using your hands, form the mixture into small patties so that you have about 8 patties.
- Split the hamburger buns. Spread a thin layer of butter onto the cut sides of each bun. Place butter side down into a large skillet over medium heat and toast until golden brown on the bottom.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Place some romaine lettuce onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with a crab cake. Spread some of the spicy aiolis onto the bottom of the top half of each bun. Place the top bun onto the slider, aioli side down.