Here is something perfect for the seafood lovers out there – crab cakes. This is a very easy recipe for crab cakes that have only a few ingredients. I used canned crab for my cakes but if you want, fresh crab tastes so much better. A major problem people have when making crab cakes is getting them to hold together. The secret is to chill the crab cakes for about an hour before frying. Crab cakes are very delicate and because of this, you need to be careful when flipping them. You can see from my step by step photos I had one crack apart on me when I flipped it. Serving crab cakes with lemon wedges and tartar sauce is a must! This recipe should make 6-9 crab cakes depending on the size. Enjoy.
(Makes 3 servings)Print
- 1lb lump crab (canned or fresh)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- oil (for frying)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- tartar sauce (to serve)
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, mayo, old bay seasoning, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard until creamy. Add bread crumbs and mix in evenly. Last, add in crab meat and mix evenly.
- Shape into patties (you should get about 6-9 depending on the size).
- Heat a little bit of oil in a sauté pan. Sauté crab cakes in batches for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Try and keep an eye on them to make sure they are not burning on the bottom. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.