This amazing Crunchburger is the Signature Burger of Bobby Flay. It is also the house burger at his burger restaurant. This delicious burger is loaded with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onions, chips, and a horseradish sauce. Putting chips onto the burger gives it a really nice crunch. This burger is grilled but you can cook it in the frying pan as well. I have to highly recommend using freshly ground salt and black pepper for these burgers, it makes a big difference in the flavor. If you are not a fan of horseradish, you can make the burgers without the horseradish sauce. The sauce is a combination of mayonnaise, horseradish, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. These burgers are really easy to make and are perfect for summer grilling. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2lbs ground chuck
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 potato hamburger buns (split)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 handfuls of potato chips
Horseradish mustard sauce-
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Divide the ground chuck into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely into a ¾ inch thick burger and make a deep depression in the center with your thumb. Season both sides of each burger patty with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place burger patties onto the grill and cook turning once, until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with 2 slices of American cheese. Remove from the grill once the cheese has melted.
- Place the hamburger buns cut side down onto the grill and toast until lightly browned. Place the burger patties on the bun bottoms, and top with tomato, lettuce, onion, and a dollop of horseradish mustard sauce. Pile on the potato chips, and top with the bun tops. Serve immediately.