If you have ever wanted to know how to make a dry rub for chicken, steak, pork or seafood, this tutorial is perfect for you. Whenever I am grilling during the summer, a good dry rub really helps to add an amazing flavor to the meat. This dry rub is just a simple combination of spices that you probably already have on hand. You can store it in an airtight container and use it multiple times. A nice little kick is added from the cayenne pepper. Enjoy.
- ½ cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried thyme
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.