Something about colder weather just makes you crave cheesy, rich casseroles, right? This French onion chicken casserole makes a delicious dinner and it’s very easy to prepare.
You can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey. You can also use leftover cooked chicken or bake or pan fry up some chicken breast.
The preparation here is very straightforward. Cook your egg noodles and then mix them in a bowl with other ingredients : cream of chicken soup, cooked chicken, French onion dip, and cheddar cheese. Place that mixture into your casserole dish and top with crushed, French fried onions plus some extra cheese. Bake it at 350F until it’s bubbly. Enjoy.
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounces) container French onion dip
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup crushed French fried onions
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, French onion dip and cheese. Mix well. Stir in the cooked egg noodles. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with crushed French fried onions.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1033mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g