Fried ravioli is perfect to serve as an appetizer. This recipe consists of ravioli that are breaded and then fried in oil and served with marinara sauce. You can use whatever type of ravioli for this recipe you like. I used beef and cheese. The ravioli should be thawed and not frozen. This recipe is easy to prepare and only consists of a few ingredients. You can use either a deep-fryer or a deep skillet partially filled with oil to cook the ravioli. I like to top these with parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
- 24 thawed cheese ravioli
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce, heated (for dipping)
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan so that it is about 2 inches deep. Heat oil over medium heat until it reached 325 degrees F.
- In a pie dish or plate add the flour. In a small bowl add the beaten eggs. In another pie dish or plate add the breadcrumbs.
- While the oil is heating. Coat ravioli first in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the ravioli and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.