If you love using healthy and fresh ingredients in your salsa, this recipe for green pepper salsa is perfect for you. This green pepper salsa is so easy to prepare and makes a great appetizer for parties. The most work involved in preparing the salsa is chopping the ingredients. The fresh ingredients in this recipe include green peppers, tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. The process of preparing this green pepper salsa is very simple; all of the ingredients are combined in a bowl then refrigerated for an hour to allow the flavors to blend. You can adjust the amount of spice by adding more or less cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. For even more spice, you could leave the jalapeno pepper seeds in the pepper instead of removing them. If you are looking for a great tasting fresh salsa recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 4 green peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 2 green onion stalks (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl combine green pepper, tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Stir in lime juice. Season with salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips.