I have never tried Applebee’s Chicken Quesadilla Grande but when I saw it on their website it looked too good to not try and make on my own. These quesadillas combine chicken and bacon with Colby-jack cheese and Pico de Gallo. What is great about this recipe is that it is so easy to prepare. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken but you could also grill chicken breasts and cut them up. A great way to save time is to buy a package of pre-cooked grilled chicken strips and pre-cooked bacon, that is what I did and the results were great. This recipe makes two quesadillas so you would just double the amounts of everything to make 4 and so on. For the Pico de Gallo, you can buy it from the store or you can even make your own. I would recommend trying the recipe on this website for Pico de Gallo if you want to make your own. Each quesadilla only uses two tablespoons of Pico de Gallo, so you can make the full batch and then serve the rest with tortilla chips if you wish. These quesadillas make a great appetizer for game day and the upcoming Super Bowl. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 Servings)Print
- 2 slices cooked crispy bacon (sliced into ½” inch pieces)
- 2 (8 inches) flour tortillas
- softened butter (for lightly spreading on the tortillas)
- 2 tablespoons Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (heated and cut into strips)
- sour cream
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Spread butter lightly on one side of the flour tortilla shell. Place butter side down into the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the entire tortilla. On half of the tortilla sprinkle half of the bacon, half of the chicken pieces, and 1 tablespoon of Pico de Gallo. Cook until the cheese has melted and the bottom has browned. Using a spatula fold the tortilla in half and press down the edges gently.
- Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining tortilla. Slice each quesadilla into thee triangles. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.