This grilled cheese recipe combines sliced ham, crispy bacon and smoke gouda cheese. The combination of flavors makes this sandwich a delicious option for dinner any night of the week. The sandwich has a nice smoky flavor from the bacon and gouda cheese. What helps to make this sandwich stand out is the mustard-mayonnaise spread that goes on it. The mustard mayonnaise spread is a combination of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. You will want to make sure you cook on sandwiches on low heat otherwise the cheese will not melt much at all. If you are using a block of gouda, try and slice it as thinly as possible. Enjoy.
- 8 ounce shaved black forest ham
- 8 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 8 slices of bacon (cooked until crispy and halved)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 slices soft Italian bread
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread the mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Top each of the 8 bread slices with ham, bacon, cheese, and the remaining bread slice (mayonnaise mixture side down).
- Spread butter on one side of each sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Place sandwiches into the skillet butter side down.
- Spread butter on top of each sandwich.
- Cook over medium-low heat turning once for about 6-8 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.