You can easily purchase cocktail sauce from the grocery store but it is actually very easy to make your own. Cocktail sauce combines a few simple ingredients which you may already have on hand. This delicious sauce is a combination of ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. I prepared breaded shrimp for dinner and decided I wanted a dipping sauce to go with them. I did not have anything on hand so I decided to prepare this cocktail sauce recipe. This sauce goes great served with cooked shrimp or cooked breaded shrimp. Enjoy.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1–2 tablespoons horseradish (to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Use as a dipping sauce for cooked shrimp or cooked breaded shrimp.