- One whole turkey, 15 pounds, thawed, innards removed
- Two gallons water, icy cold
- Four cups brown sugar
- One cup kosher salt
- Half cup dried rosemary
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons black peppercorns
- Six bay leaves
- Three garlic cloves, peeled
- One carrot, chunked
- One onion, quartered
- One celery stick, chunked
- Dissolve the salt in the water and salt, spices, and sugar. Then, stir until the sugar also dissolves and completely submerge the turkey in the solution. Cover the container and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours, below 40F.
- Prepare the oven to preheat to 325F. Next, take the turkey out, discard the brine, then pat the insides, skin dry, and coat with the butter.
- Stuff the carrot, onion, and celery in the cavity, and roast the turkey with the breast side down for two hours. Baste the legs and back with butter every 40 minutes during that time.
- Turn the turkey breast side up and keep roasting, basting it twice the pan dripping until it hits 165F. Remember, the turkey is brined, so watch the temperature to avoid overcooking it. Take the turkey out and stand for 20 minutes before carving when it’s ready.
Also, click on this video if you want more ideas.