- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Meat from 3 hot Italian sausages (squeezed from casings)
- ½ pound of ground veal
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of minced onion
- ½ cup of minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary or ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Peel of 1 lemon, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With your immaculately clean hands, combine all of the ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes in a standard 9 ¼ by 5 ¼ by 2 ¾ -inch loaf pan coated with oiled aluminum foil.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes, basting occasionally with water. When the beef loaf has produced a nice brown crust on top and the juices run clear, it’s done.
- Allow 10 minutes for the meatloaf to rest. Then, at both ends of the loaf, grab the top of the aluminum foil and pull it out of the pan and onto a serving tray. With a spatula, lift the bread off the foil and remove it.
- Serve with ketchup and/or your favorite hot sauce or chutney. This meatloaf, like all meatloaves, is best served at room temperature.
This recipe is cooked at 425 F and produces delicious meatloaf that you and your family are sure to enjoy. If you still need more ideas on how to cook meatloaf recipes, then check out this video recipe.