- Heat the oven to 225F and while waiting, arrange the onions and garlic at the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Rub the brisket with black pepper and salt, massaging the spice into the meat surfaces. Then, place the roast on the aromatic bed.
- Add the broth, wine, and tomatoes to the pan then lay parchment paper directly on the food as a cover. Next, spread foil on the entire mixture to seal it.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the heated oven and roast for 10 hours overnight. Then, by morning, take it out and move the brisket to a cutting plate.
- Allow the meat to cool, so it’s easy to handle, and the juices can be reabsorbed. Meanwhile, strain the pan juice, ensuring to squeeze the aromatics of it as you do. Then, skim any fat layer off the juice and simmer the liquid over the stove. Finally, you want it to reduce and thicken such that it coats the spoon when you stir.
- Cut the brisket in thin slices across the grain to serve, and drizzle the reduced juice for added flavor.
More tips can be watched here.