- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 pound of chicken tenderloins (chicken mini filets)
- Two teaspoons of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Four cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- One teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- One tablespoon of fresh parsley chopped – for garnish
- In a pan or skillet over a medium heat level, pour olive oil and add one tablespoon of butter.
- Season the chicken tenderloins in the pan with paprika, salt, and pepper immediately after adding them to the heated oil and butter.
- Cook the tenderloins on each side for 3 minutes (ensure that you’re seasoning each side while cooking them).
- Make space for the garlic in the pan, heat the rest of the butter, and toss in the garlic. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds or until it becomes aromatic.
- Cook for another minute after adding the Italian spice.
- To deglaze the pan, add two tablespoons of water and scrape any particles clinging to the bottom of the pan (this is where you’ll find all of the excellent chicken flavors).
- If preferred, serve your cooked tenderloins warm, garnished with fresh chopped parsley or basil leaves.
This recipe for chicken tenderloins cooked in a skillet is delicious and easy to make, and provided you follow the right instructions; you can always be guaranteed desirable results. If you’d like to see more recipe ideas for chicken tenderloins in a skillet, we suggest checking out this video recipe.
- Make sure the garlic does not get overcooked. Garlic tends to cook quite rapidly (approximately 30 to 60 seconds in total), and the taste of burnt garlic is unpleasant, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the garlic while it’s cooking.
- Don’t allow the chicken tenderloins to get overcooked; these also cook rapidly and can become rubbery, gritty, and tough if overcooked. When the interior temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), the tenderloins are done cooking.
- To prepare a tasty sauce, ensure to use a splash of water to deglaze your pan or skillet; this is where all the taste is concentrated.