- Make the salad first. The apple should be peeled, cored, and sliced into julienne strips. Season with salt and pepper and combine with the lamb’s lettuce.
- Squeeze over the juice with some lemon zest (reserve a bit for decoration). Drizzle olive oil over the salad and toss well.
- Get 1 tablespoon of olive oil heated in a large nonstick frying pan – over high heat – until blazing hot.
- Then place the scallops on a cutting board, blot dry with kitchen paper, and season with salt and pepper on one side.
- Consider the frying pan to be a clock face, and add the scallops one at a time, seasoned side down, in clockwise order.
- Fry for 1–2 minutes, or until golden brown. Then season the scallops on the unseasoned side, then flip them over in the same order as they were placed in the pan, and continue the process.
- Give the pan a brisk shake after squeezing the lemon juice over the scallops.
- When the scallops are done, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate coated with kitchen paper.
- The cooking will come to a halt immediately, and any surplus oil will be absorbed by the kitchen paper.
- Proceed to divide the salad between two serving dishes and place the scallops in the center of each mound.
- Serve immediately with the remaining lemon zest as a garnish.
Watch this video recipe to know how to cook Scallops Gordon Ramsay.