Meat, when mixed with different ingredients and shape it to loaf and then baked or smoked, is known as Meatloaf. It can be made using a variety of meat like pork, beef, lamb, poultry, and seafood.
It is mixed with some sauce or cheese to avoid drying of meatloaf. It looks similar to the shape of a loaf of bread and sliced to make a share for everyone.
Meatloaf is very easy to make at home. To check out how to make meatloaf with beef, here is the simple recipe:
- Ground beef – 2 lbs
- Onion – 1 finely diced
- Garlic – 3 minced cloves
- Italian bread – 4 slices
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Chopped parsley – ¼ cup
- Parmigianino reggiano – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the glaze
- Granulated onion – 1 tsp.
- Granulated garlic – 1 tsp.
- Paprika – 1 tsp.
- Dried mustard – 1 tsp.
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp.
- Ketchup – ¾ cup
- In a pan heat some olive oil. Put onion and garlic and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until it is soft and translucent. Keep it aside to cool.
- In another bowl, add the slice of bread pieces and pour some milk and keep it aside to soak up.
- In a large bowl, mix beef with the soaked bread and cooked onion garlic, parsley, parmigianino, worcestershire sauce, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients properly and keep it aside.
- Place the meat mixture onto the cooling rack over a baking sheet in the form of a loaf and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients for the glaze and spread half of it on the meat mixture loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes
- After this take the loaf and pour the remaining mixture of glaze over the loaf and put it back to the oven for another 15 minutes.