Preparing Mexican flavored shredded beef in the slow cooker is a great way to make meat for quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas or burritos. This delicious shredded beef gets its flavor from ingredients such as taco seasoning, taco sauce. And beef broth. There is nothing complex about this recipe, the meat and onions are placed into the slow cooker topped with beef broth and taco seasoning. The beef is then shredded and mixed with taco sauce and green chilies. This recipe calls for a 1.5lb boneless chuck roast. What I like to do is get a package of stew meat. The stew meat practically falls apart in the slow cooker and I will use a slotted spoon to break it up even more. I like doing this because you do not have to take the time to shred the beef. If you are looking for a simple and delicious way to make Mexican shredded beef, give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 ¼ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounces) jar taco sauce
- 1 (7 ounces) diced green chilies
- Place beef roast and onion into the slow cooker. In a small bowl combine taco seasoning and beef broth. Pour over the beef and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Shred the beef using two forks.
- Place the beef in a large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and green chilies. Use the shredded beef for whatever you like—quesadillas, tacos, burritos, etc.