This delicious recipe combines bacon and pasta with garlic, lemon juice, olives, and various herbs. This pasta dish is a nice change up from normally spaghetti or alfredo. The most important part of flavoring this dish is the bacon grease. The bacon grease helps to add flavor to this pasta, so make sure that you do not drain it all after you are done the cooking. If you have an extreme amount in the pan, you may want to drain some out, but do not drain it all out. There was something about the combination of the bacon grease, lemon juice, and the garlic that I really enjoyed. Also, don’t forget the parmesan cheese, it really helps to improve the overall flavor of the dish. This pasta dish makes a great dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1lb linguini
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¾ cup sliced kalamata olives
- The juice of 1 lemon
- pepper (to taste)½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet fry the bacon over medium-high heat until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Add garlic and fry for about 20 seconds. Add olives and lemon juice. Season with pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is done cooking drain it, and place it into a large bowl, add the garlic/lemon juice mixture and olive oil to the pasta. Add the cooked bacon. Toss with the basil and parsley. Top with grated parmesan cheese.