Today I have for you a real treat for summer. A perfect slightly spicy, light, and colorful summer snack – pineapple salsa. Pineapple salsa is the perfect combination of fruits and vegetables with a little kick. This recipe also happens to be very good for you. Getting the right amount of fruits and vegetables every day is very important in a healthy diet. This recipe is a great source of fiber as well. Cayenne pepper gives the recipe a little kick but if you like something even spicier you can add a minced jalapeno pepper into the mix. If you are looking for a great party snack, this could be the recipe for you. It goes great on chips, tacos, fish, and many other things. Enjoy.
Tags: cooking, recipes, food and drink, recipe
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 Red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- Combine pineapple, red bell pepper, onion, and green bell pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Add in cayenne pepper, coriander leaves, and lemon juice. Mix well. Let refrigerate until ready to serve.