I am always looking for new sliders recipes for game day so when I came across this recipe by Seapak for popcorn shrimp sliders, I knew I had to give it a try. What is really great about these sliders is that they are so easy to prepare. Using frozen popcorn shrimp really saves times. The popcorn shrimp can either be baked or deeply fried, just cook them according to the package directions. This recipe also includes homemade tartar sauce which is a combination of mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. What these sliders really reminded me of was a delicious fish sandwich. This is another great recipe idea to prepare for football season. Enjoy.
Popcorn Shrimp Sliders Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (20 oz.) package frozen popcorn shrimp
- slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- butter (for spreading)
- romaine lettuce
- small tomato slices (or Roma tomato slices)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise with the lemon juice, pickle relish, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook popcorn shrimp according to package directions by either baking or deep frying the shrimp until fully cooked. If deep frying, drain on paper towels.
- Cut the slider buns in half. Lightly spread butter onto the cut side of each slider bun. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Place slider buns, cut side down into the pan and cook until lightly toasted and golden brown on the bottom. On the bottom half of each slider, bun place a piece of romaine lettuce, 1 tomato slice, a few popcorn shrimp, and tartar sauce. Place the top half of the bun onto the slider.
Saturday 22nd of September 2012
Those are so cute Bobby! They look like mini po' boys. I'll have to give them a try soon ~~ thanks! :0)