Chinese chicken and broccoli are amazing as it is but when you add linguini into the mixture it’s even better! If you are not familiar with Lo Mein it is a Chinese noodles dish consisting of usually meat and vegetables. This is another one of my favorite items to get at the Chinese buffet. The chicken in this recipe is stir-fried and the sauce consists of ingredients such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and water. This dish gets a little heat from crushed red pepper flakes, you can add as much as you want depending on how spicy you want it. This goes great both as a one-dish meal or could be served as a side dish with your favorite Chinese food. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 6 ounces linguini
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water (divided)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (for sprinkling)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguini and cook according to package directions (until al dente). Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss the linguini with sesame oil.
- While noodles are boiling, in a small bowl combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, corn starch and a ¼ cup of cold water. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate. Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the wok, and the remaining half of the chicken. Stir-fry until fully cooked. Transfer to the plate.
- Add the broccoli florets and the remaining ¼ cup of water to the wok. Cover and cook until the broccoli in tender and the water has evaporated (about 3 minutes). Add green onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the wok, pour in the sauce mixture and linguini noodles, and toss to coat. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.