Hot dogs piled with slow cooked pulled pork go great served for game day. These hot dogs are loaded with BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw and a dill pickle spear. The combination of flavors in this recipe really makes these hot dogs great. The pork is cooked in the slow cooker, shredded and the mixed with your favorite BBQ sauce. I like to cook the hot dogs on an indoor grill pan but an outdoor grill would be even better. If you want to save some time you can use premade coleslaw. You may have extra pulled pork and coleslaw and that’s okay, you can always eat it at another time. I like to serve these pulled pork hot dogs with French fries. Enjoy.
Pulled Pork Hot Dogs Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- 1 (2-3lb) boneless pork roast
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (16 ounces) package shredded coleslaw mix
- Hot dogs-
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 dill pickle spears
- Trim the pork of any excess fat. Spread chopped onion onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the onions. Add chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until the pork roast is very tender and shreds easily (about 8 hours). Remove the meat to a wooden cutting board. Shred the meat using two forks, removing any fat or grizzle. Skim any excess fat from the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker and mix with BBQ sauce. Keep warm.
- To make the coleslaw- in a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder, and cider vinegar. Toss coleslaw mix with dressing to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan). Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the hot dogs and cook while turning until they are heated through and have nice grill marks. Place the hot dog buns, cut-side down onto the grill and cook until lightly toasted.
- Place a dill pickle spear into each bun. Add a hot dog. Top with some of the pulled pork and some of the coleslaw.