Quiche Lorraine or I would call it a ‘breakfast pie’ is perhaps the most famous type of quiche. I was craving something a little different for breakfast and I decided to give this a try. The basic ingredients of this recipe include eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese. There are a lot of ways you can change this recipe to your taste. You could use ham in place of bacon and Swiss in place of the cheddar. You could also add a vegetable such as broccoli if you choose. This is an absolutely delicious breakfast dish that is very easy to make. To save time you can buy a prepared pie crust from the store and just pour the filling into it and bake. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inches) prepared a pie crust
- Prepare the pie crust and bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat eggs and add sour cream, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, bacon, and cheese. Pour mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool and finish setting for 10 minutes. Serve.