Quiche is originally a French dish, but adding cream and eggs to it was practised by Italian and English homes.
The dish at its basic form has a filling of cream and eggs, but there are many types of fillings that can be added to it, including meat, seafood, vegetables and cheese.
Here is a perfect basic quiche recipe that you can follow every time you want to enjoy quiche and then add your choice of filling to it.Print
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Take a large bowl and then break the eggs into it. Pour the cream into the eggs and mix them together. Use a whisk to mix the eggs with the cream.
- Season this mixture with ground nutmeg, white pepper and Whisk again and set aside.
- Line the pie shell into the baking bowl and then add the shredded Jarlsberg and mozzarella cheese to it. Spread it evenly. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes and then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Oven timings may differ for each one depending on the oven they have. You must bake the quiche till the crust turns golden and the filling is not runny anymore.
- Once the quiche is ready, give it 10 minutes to set and then serve hot.
This is a basic quiche recipe and you can add any filling to it.
You can also choose different types of cheese to put in the filling. However, ensure that the cheese you pick is good for baking.