These are very similar to the Bonzai Burger that is served at Red Robin. The Bonzai burger is a teriyaki-glazed beef patty that is grilled and topped with cheddar cheese, tomato, pineapple, and lettuce. I really enjoy the flavor combination of the teriyaki sauce and the pineapple ring. You can either use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan for this recipe. For the teriyaki sauce, you can use your favorite brand from the store to make your own. This is a great recipe for summer outdoor grilling. Enjoy.
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 4 pineapple rings
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Form ground beef into 4 equal sized patties.
- Pour one cup of teriyaki sauce in a container and let hamburger patties marinate for at least thirty minutes.
- Pour the second cup of teriyaki sauce in a bowl and let pineapple rings marinate for at least thirty minutes.
- Remove hamburger patties from teriyaki sauce and grill on high heat until you reach desired doneness.
- Melt cheese on top of hamburgers while still on the grill.
- Grill pineapple rings on medium heat for one minute on each side.
- Spread 1/2 Tablespoon of mayonnaise on each half of each hamburger bun.
- Place tomato slices on the bottom buns and top with hamburger patties.
- On top of each hamburger patty, place pineapple rings and shredded lettuce.
- Top with the top half of hamburger buns.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce.