This sausage and hash brown casserole are easy to prepare and only consists of 6 ingredients. If you enjoy a delicious breakfast dish, this may be exactly what you are looking for. The ingredients for this recipe are breakfast sausage, hash browns, cheese, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. The sausage and hash browns are pre-cooked on the stovetop and then placed into a baking dish with the rest of the ingredients and baked to perfection. I find that the cooking time may vary a bit on this recipe. Make sure that the casserole is set before it is removed from the oven. Enjoy.
Insert the shortcode
- 2lbs breakfast sausage
- 1 (32 ounces) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet add the breakfast sausage and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until no longer pink and fully cooked.
- Remove from the skillet using a slotted spoon.
- Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook until lightly browned. Place the hash browns onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and milk. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown and set.